Monday 19 October 2009

I have the disk…

To my surprise I have just received and unpackaged the Windows Seven box, I took some photos along the way for your benifit.  There isn’t too much that can be said, it seems quite bare, they have made the box in the odd curved shape again but it opens in the traditional manor.  It would seem that Microsoft weren’t sure them selves about the release nature of Windows Seven in Europe as the disk box itself is in a card sleeve that looks like it was designed for easy changing.  Also there is little literature inside, but I have the full version (by sheer luck) and all for £50.  There was only a small A5 booklet in the form of reading material.  Also, as promised, the package includes both 32 and 64 bit versions of the OS.  I know which I will be installing!

It is worth noting that I won’t be rushing to install it as I might as well continue with my very stable 7100 install with all the goodies from Ultimate.  Not that functionally there will be any difference to me as a user I feel that it is worth my while just to let time go by for a while until I install 7600, I have been holding off installing things like Visual Studio and Expression studio while I was waiting until the release but now I feel I will install it when I decide I need a full  version of VS installed too, this could almost wait until VS 2010, which will be no doubt be released just after Server 2008 R2 (released with Windows Seven, so a General Availability date of Thursday October 22, 2009 – 3 days from now.)

So I am syced that I could be one of the first to show the box and do an undoing of a disk ;) for you, so, with out further ado, here are the photos…

 

IMG_0835   IMG_0841IMG_0840  IMG_0842  IMG_0844

IMG_0843

IMG_0845

As Always,

graymalkin

No comments:

Post a Comment